As homes expand and grow larger, technology comes to the rescue.
From home audio and home theater systems to security cameras, climate control, lighting and drapes – there’s an app for that! Having complete control of all of your homes’ technologies and bringing them together to work as one from a wall mounted keypad or handheld controller is a convenience that most people have only ever dreamed of.
While home automation is the ultimate in convenience, the real reason you should want to buy a home automation system is because it’s supposed to be fun . And like anything else, if it’s not fun you’ll stop using it. While the dream of owning a home automation system fuels its purchase, the reality is that for many it simply did not meet their expectations for these reasons…
- It isn’t easy to use. This is the number one complaint that people have when it comes to any kind of technology: “If I can’t make it do what it’s supposed to do, it is a frustration I don’t need in my life.”
- While it’s cool that you can operate everything from your iPad, home automation systems often become so large and complex that no one knows how to use them. While there is no limit to the things that a home automation system can control, we want to pick only the things that will enhance the enjoyment of your home.
- Anytime you want to make a simple change to a lighting scene or add favorite channels it requires an expensive visit from your home automation system installer. You want to personalize your home automation system without being held hostage to the store or home automation installer that you bought the system from.
- Most home automation systems we’ve seen are only programmed to do the basics and simple but necessary functions like the “On Demand” button are often overlooked by the home automation programmer. The result is that you still need to keep all your original remotes out on the coffee to operate your home theater system. The goal of any home automation system should be to eliminate ALL other remotes.
- Often times a home automation company will pay more attention to, and spend most of the budget on the home automation equipment, leaving the audio and video performance of the audio or home theater system on the sidelines. A home automation system should allow you to easily control your audio or home theater system, not become the main focus – it’s like putting paddle shifters on a Yugo, you just don’t do it.
There is a saying: “Just because you can, does it mean you should?
At Soundings, we specialize in home automation that is easy and fun to use, and we place the proper emphasis on delivering a high quality audio and video experience from your audio or home theater system. Over the years we’ve searched hard to find home automation products that perform up to our standards, allowing us to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.
Visit our showroom and our knowledgeable staff will guide you through the maze of home automation equipment, explaining and demonstrating how a home automation system may work for you. As you play with the equipment and become comfortable with it you’ll be able to choose the features that you’ll actually use. In the end, Soundings will guarantee that you end up with a home automation system that is simple and fun to use and the perfect match for your budget and lifestyle.
Open the links below to explore how a Soundings designed home automation system can work for you.
Have you ever walked into a dark house or had to walk all around your kitchen and family room just to get all the lights turned on or off? We want you to feel safe. We want to make things easier and more convenient. We want to improve the look and feel of your home while saving energy by turning off the lights you’re not using.
- Never walk into a dark house again. Press a button as you pull into the driveway and your home automation system illuminates the exterior of your house and a path of light from the garage to the kitchen and even up the stairs to your bedroom.
- No more walking around the kitchen just to get all the lights turned on or off. Use your home automation system to create and edit lighting scenes that will complement your homes’ décor and creates the right ambiance for any moment and recall those scenes at the touch of a button.
- A home automation system saves you energy when you’re away by turning off all the lights and it can also add security by turning on some lights in the evening to give the appearance that someone is home – even when you’re away.
Your home was designed with beautiful vistas in mind – but what do you do when the weather’s not cooperating? We want you to feel comfortable and we realize that making the most of daylight in your home simply makes sense and saves energy by reducing your need for electric light. A home automation system with motorized shade control provides precision control of daylight.
- Imagine a home automation system that automatically opens your shades in the morning to reveal beautiful sunrises and closes them in the afternoon to block the afternoon glare.
- A home automation system with motorized shades keeps you comfortable year round by automatically adjusting to close the shades in the summer months to block the afternoon sun and opens the shades in the colder months to let the warming winter sunshine heat your house – whether you’re home or away.
- By adding motorized shades to your home automation system, you can make the most of the energy savings and comfort you get from lighting & climate control.
Have you ever returned from a tropical vacation to a cold house? We want you to feel comfortable whenever you come home – we also want you to save as much energy as you can when you’re away. Like you, we didn’t think a thermostat was that important – until we realized it controls over half of your home’s energy use.
- A home automation system with climate control lets you personalize your settings for specific rooms. With a simple swipe of your finger you can schedule your home automation system to warm the house up before you wake or avoid heating or cooling an empty space.
- Home automation systems can also control humidification and ventilation for the most comfortable and healthy environment possible.
- A home automation system can integrate climate control with your lighting and shades to keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you energy when you’re away.
Audio & Home Theater Control
Have you ever thought of a particular song and wanted to hear it without having to shuffle through your CD collection to find the right disc? Have you ever wanted to watch a movie on your home theater system but the stack of remotes on the coffee table seemed too intimidating?
- A well designed home automation system should make any task, from playing Mozart in your Library to watching TV in the family room, so simple that anyone in the house can easily do it.
- A home automation system should not be the focus of your audio or home theater system, rather it should work in the background allowing you to easily access and enjoy your entire music and movie collection from any room in the house.
- Imagine pressing a single button on your remote control and your home automation system begins to slowly dim the lights as the projector warms up, each component in your rack turns on one at a time as your AV system comes to life. And, when everyone is ready, press play and the lights fade out and the image on your 10 foot wide screen appears. Enjoy.
Security & Cameras
Have you ever left your home on extended travel or vacation and wondered if you left the garage door open or remembered to lock the doors and turn off all the lights?
- A home automation system with video surveillance lets you view your home with high resolution cameras and control the lights, climate, entertainment, and security systems on your tablet or smartphone from anywhere in the world!
- Whether you need to close the shades and turn down the thermostat, or turn on some lights and open the front door to let a friend in – now you can.
- Being able to keep an eye on your home and control it while you’re away gives you peace of mind every time you leave the house.